It is CRUNCH time! For most tertiary students, this time next month you will be FREE! All you have to do is get through these final exams – simple really.
Top Ten Exam Writing Tips
To give you the best possible chance, here are some tips for writing your varsity exams with confidence:
- The day before your exam, confirm the venue and time.
- Make sure you rise and shine early to arrive at the venue with plenty of time to spare.
- Avoid panicky students around you.
- Go to the loo before the exam starts.
- As soon as you can start, read all the questions and see how many marks each one represents. Roughly calculate how much time to spend on each question so that you can use your time strategically.
- If you don’t have to answer the questions in order, start with what you know best and leave the things you are unsure of for last.
- Take a deep breath to compose your thoughts before you start writing your answer. Be clear and concise.
- Try and keep your handwriting legible.
- Ask the invigilator for help if you are not clear on a question. They will tell you if you are asking something they are not allowed to say. Don’t waste time worrying if you should ask, just do it.
- Be vigilant with your timekeeping. Don’t spend more time on a particular question/section than it’s worth, or you may run out of time and lose all the marks allocated to the later questions.
Bonus tip: Use every minute of the available time. If you finish early, review your answers before handing in the paper.
The Dux Advantage
If you are looking for a launchpad for the extraordinary, look no further than Dux. Our reason for existing is to give you all the life support you need in order to thrive academically. Contact us today, and get your ducks in a row: 060.656.1305 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dux | dʌks | noun "The top pupil in a class.”
DuxPD is powered by People Dynamics.