Ready. Set. Focus on your goals.
You know where you want to be in five years. You have given some thought to the progress you would like to make in your personal and professional life this year but you have not taken the time to write your goals down, possibly because you do not believe in New Year’s resolutions. Good news! It is February and you can still set achievable goals for 2016! Technically it is not a new year’s resolution.... but a perfect time to get focused.
Why is it important to set goals?
- Writing down a goal helps you to plan and work towards achieving the goal in the set amount of time you have decided on. Goals can help in providing you with focus and clarity.
- Break larger goals up into smaller, achievable chunks and use these smaller goals as stepping stones in achieving the overall goal you have set.
- Making small targets keeps you motivated and energised. You feel like you are making progress. Even if it is just one thing a day.
- Goals help you to get to know what is working and what is not. Self evaluation and keeping track on your progress helps you to course correct and get to where you want to be.
- Setting goals for the future allows you to live each moment to the fullest. Your future self with thank you.